Friday, March 26, 2010

C: Compiling GNU Projects on Windows

I wanted to port the programs I commonly use on Linux to Windows. In particular I have been working on wdiff. A program that compares the differences word by word of two files.

Currently I have been able to successfully compile the program on windows through Cygwin. I also was able to reproduce it on my colleges Redhat server.

The steps I took were:

wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/wdiff/
tar -xzvf wdiff-0.5.tar.gz
cd wdiff-0.5
./configre
make (install) wdiff

However, I would like to run the program natively on Windows similar to the Project: UnixUtils.

I am currently working on a custom port due to the fact that I cannot run ./configure to establish a make file. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment